Our community works with policy makers on the local, state and national levels to ensure that the needs of women with ovarian cancer are met.
Our community makes a difference by:
- Staying informed on what the Alliance is advocating for through our Action Alert emails
- Sending Action Alerts to Congress to make your voice heard when Congress really needs to hear it!
- Visiting Capitol Hill during the Ovarian Cancer National Conference Advocacy Day to talk about the importance of ovarian cancer research funding and awareness with your legislators.
Our community also makes a difference through three programs run by the Alliance:
- Advocate Leaders: Our Advocate Leaders take advocacy to a new level. They are highly trained advocates who are leaders in advancing the interests of women with ovarian cancer at the local, state and federal levels.
- Survivors Teaching Students: Saving Women’s Lives® (STS): Survivors share their stories of diagnosis and treatment in local health professional schools to help educate future health professionals about this disease.
- Research Advocates: Research advocates help funding agencies and scientists understand and prioritize the questions that are important to the ovarian cancer community.