Online Registration for the Ovarian Cancer Regional Seminar is now closed.
To join us this Sunday, please email the Alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, contact email and number of guests so we may expect you. Walk up registration opens at 8:30am on Sunday.
Join the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance and MD Anderson Cancer Center on Sunday September 22, 2013 for a seminar and discussion about ovarian cancer issues. Doctors from MD Anderson in Houston, Texas, will present on a variety of issues relating to ovarian cancer at the Ovarian Cancer Regional Seminar. Topics include:
- The newly developed Moon Shot program at MD Anderson
- Current options for screening and early detection of ovarian cancer. New or emerging developments will also be mentioned.
- The various genes involved in inherited ovarian and other cancers, along with possible options for prevention.
- The role of clinical trials in developing new therapies.
- New treatment approaches for ovarian cancer, including drugs targeting angiogenesis and DNA damage repair pathways.
- The role of lifestyle, nutrition and exercise for cancer survivors.
- The impact of bio-behavioral factors and quality of life.
Registration is free! Required online registration opens on August 1, 2013, and runs through September 17, 2013.
The Blanton-Davis Ovarian Cancer Research Program at MD Anderson was created in 1996 as a critical step toward the goal of eradicating ovarian cancer. The program was the nation’s first formal, comprehensive ovarian cancer research effort aimed at translating basic discoveries into improved therapies and management of the disease. Today, the program continues to lead the nation in innovative research into the causes, prevention, detection and treatment of ovarian cancer with the director, Anil K. Sood, M.D. Dr. Sood’s reputation will help advance the program’s mission to finding a cure for ovarian cancer by creating collaborative research for improving diagnosis and treatment of this disease.