Help Us Plan and Host Our 2013 Turn Up the Heat! Gala
The Alliance is searching for a volunteers to help plan and host our annual Turn Up the Heat! Gala. Our signature gala, Turn Up the Heat!, on February 4, 2013, celebrates the talents of renowned women chefs and restaurant owners in the area and supports the work of the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance. Held at the Ritz Carlton in Washington, DC, this event brings together 350-400 ovarian cancer survivors and supporters of the Alliance, along with leaders in the healthcare and oncology community. In addition to hearing about the latest ovarian cancer research, attendees will enjoy a live auction and tasting from the top women in the industry!
We are recruiting volunteers to join our Gala Committee. Read on to learn whether this opportunity is right for you!
Does this sound like you?
- Likes to organize
- Has great people skills
- Enjoys planning and attending parties
- Has a personal or professional network of potential attendees and sponsors (does not need to be within the ovarian cancer realm)
- Isn’t afraid to ask for anything (can sell tickets, approach potential sponsors, ask for auction donations)
- Passionate about the work of the Alliance (this is preferred by not required)
- Looking for a fun volunteer opportunity
- Looking for networking opportunities
- Involved in other Alliance activities either as a volunteer or attendee
- Actively involved in other causes or wants to be involved in a cause
- Looking to meet new people
Anywhere in the US but preferably local to the Washington, DC, area
Available Responsibilities (pick at least one)
- Actively help with individual/table sales
- Actively solicit silent/live auction items
- Provide additional names and contacts for invitation lists (or better yet—personally invite them)
- Assist with decorations and entertainment
- Attend committee meetings every other week by phone (or provide updates ahead of time if there is a conflict)
- Assist with sponsor commitment
- Assist with logistics
- Assist with chef recruitment
- Committee phone meetings every other week (1 hour)
- Actively participating in committee (1-2 hours a week depending on task, though most members include the task with their everyday schedule. For example, they may invite their network to the Gala to assist with ticket sales.)
Experience in leading a large non-profit special event fundraiser and an opportunity to expand your network while having fun with a great group of people!
For more information, please contact Molly Gascoigne at: email@example.com. More information about our Gala can be found at: www.ovariancancer.org/gala